- Works with the board of the directors and the community to provide leadership for the annual, and long-term, direction and standards of operation for the land trust
- Manages the land protection program and the development of strategic community conservation efforts
- Provides guidance and insight into the creation of community partnerships, working with the Army on land protection projects, and establishing land protection goals
- Ensures that the land trust operates in accordance to national best practices
- Oversees all fundraising activities
- Identifies opportunities to connect children and adults to nature and farms within Tug Hill
Most recently held the position of Administration Operations Director at the Neighborhood Center in Utica from 2016 to July 2022. He was chief of staff in the New York State Assembly from 2009 to 2016. He was an owner and managing partner in several businesses from 2005 to 2009.
He has also been an adjunct instructor at Jefferson Community College since 2008 teaching business and government courses. He was the Executive Director of the American Red Cross of Northern New York from 1999 to 2005, Executive Director of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Delaware from 1995 to 1998, and the Associate Executive Director of the Delaware Center for Justice from 1993 to 1995.
Bachelors of Science from Utica College of Syracuse University
Masters in Public Administration from the University of Delaware
Favorite Protected Place
Sackets Harbor Battlefield and Washington Park
Attending live music shows and Syracuse Football games