It’s a great way to help conservation, and it’s easy to do. Stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares and other securities offer alternative ways to give that can benefit both you and Tug Hill Tomorrow. When donating assets that have appreciated in value, you can avoid capital gains taxes. In some cases, Tug Hill Tomorrow also accepts donations of “non-liquid” assets such as real estate, art, jewelry, and valuable collections.
Give Stocks, Bonds or Mutual Funds
Would you like to avoid capital gains tax and make a big impact for conservation? A gift of appreciated securities like stocks, bonds and mutual funds can be a great way for you to protect Tug Hill lands for future generations and provide opportunities to connect people of all ages to the land.
When you transfer ownership of securities to Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust you will receive a charitable deduction for the full market value and incur no capital gains tax subject to IRS deductible limitations. The process is simple. You need to provide your financial advisor or brokerage firm with the following information.
DTC instructions for Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds Transfers
RBC Wealth Management
DTC # 0235
Account Name: Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust
Account #: 301-45113
Contact: Donald Musnicki, Financial Consultant, (800) 342-1412
We encourage you to alert us in advance with the details of your appreciated gift so we can properly acknowledge your donation. Electronic security transfers do not necessarily provide us with your information.
Please provide the following to Linda Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 779-8240.
- Your Name, address and contact information
- Name of the security
- Number of shares and estimated value
- Approximate transfer date and transferring brokerage firm
Employer Matching Gifts
Double your impact! You may be able to work with your employer to make your donation to Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust work twice as hard.
- If your company has a qualifying program, request a matching gift form from your employer or access the form through their website. Then make your donation online, send us a check through the mail, or contact our office.
- Then send your completed and signed form, along with your check or a copy of your online donation receipt, to Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust, PO Box 6063, Watertown, NY 13601. We’re always happy to help if you have any questions contact Lianna at (315) 779-2239.